Did you know heating and air conditioning eat up over half of most household energy use?
That’s why keeping your HVAC system in tip-top shape is essential for saving money on utilities and avoiding costly repairs. At Lorenz Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, we recommend regular preventive maintenance from a Trane Comfort Specialist™ twice a year in the spring and fall. Your spring maintenance visit ensures that your air conditioner will be ready to beat the heat and keep you cool throughout the summer.
There are many benefits to scheduling a springtime AC tune up:
- Greater efficiency and lower energy bills
- Uniform cooling for consistent, comfortable temperatures in every room
- Lower risk of major damage requiring expensive repairs
- A longer lifespan for your HVAC system
Both before and after your spring HVAC maintenance visit, there are many things you can do to prepare your air conditioner for the summer season.
Start by cleaning leaves, dirt and debris from the outside cabinet. Use a hose to wash off pollen that tends to build up on outdoor surfaces, including your air conditioning unit. Check the base pan for blocked drainage openings, and inspect the coil and cabinet for holes and leaks. Take a look at the fan blades, both when they’re stationary and while they’re moving. This will help you spot signs of wear and damage. Finally, inspect and clean the outside control box connected to your unit.
It’s always important to clean or replace AC filters on a regular basis. Check your system for leaks in the ductwork, and inspect your control box wiring and connections. You’ll also want to notice any unusual odors or strange noises coming from your HVAC system.
During your spring air conditioning tune-up, your Trane Comfort Specialist™ will check indoor and outdoor components and make repairs as needed. Here are some of the items included in the inspection:
- Check operating pressures and switches
- Check voltage and amperage of motors, adjust belt tension as needed
- Check evaporator and condenser coils
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check thermostat operation
- Check condensate drain and clean as needed
- Check high and low voltage
- Check contactor
- Check sub cooling & super heat
- Check compressor voltage and amp draws
- Check capacitor MFD
- Remove debris from condenser, clean and polish as needed
- Clean electrical area
- Wash or replace air filters
- Check indoor Delta-T
- Check defrost board
- Inspect ducts and vents
- Check refrigerant levels
At Lorenz, we have the training and experience to provide the dependable HVAC service you need to stay comfortable year-round. Our spring and fall maintenance plans will keep your system working at peak efficiency no matter what the weather does outside.
Call us at 417-863-1122 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.